View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 10:56 AM   #1
landarts
landarts

68 Second Chance

I am always searching for quick filler projects that I can put a little time into and get it back on the road for someone to enjoy. I do these because it is my source for funding my current projects and enjoy the satisfaction of saving another truck to live on.

I found this truck on Facebook Marketplace and instantly was interested and reached out to the owner. They shot me back a message saying that someone else was coming out to view the truck. I messaged back to them, "Great, if they do not buy the truck or it turns into a no show, please give me a chance to buy the truck. I would like to get it back on the road for someone to enjoy". A day or two went by and I never heard back from the couple so I sent them another message asking if the truck sold. They came back with "He was a no show". I immediately messaged back "Can I call you if this is a good time?" and the wife said "Sure anytime here is my number". I called and explained that I was interested and discussed some of the history and their purpose for selling the truck.

The backstory is that they inherited the truck from their father that had bought it brand new in 68. He drove it and at some point the 6 cylinder motor gave up to the ghost. He had a 283 motor so he had it rebuilt and installed the 283 V8 which answers the question for the finger guard shroud. After the father passed he brought the truck to his property and his intentions were to restore it. Well life got in the way and that never happened. They are selling their property and moving to a place where they really don’t have room.

I scheduled a time to see the truck, reserved a trailer from Uhaul and was on the road to go get it. Here are the pictures that the owner sent me, the first two were from the ad on Facebook.
Attached Images

68 Second Chance
Fix and Sale 72 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 K2500
The "Fixrupr" build thread

72 Cheyenne 1/2 ton " FIXRUPR " - daily driver
67 C20 all original paint
71 K20 Custom 4x4 (Idaho Edition)
72 K20 GMC Super Custom 4x4
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
69 K10 Custom package 4x4 (69 K10 from the field)
72 K10 Custom
71 K10 Custom
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
72 K20 Crew Cab Project
71 GMC Jimmy CST
72 Blazer
70 Blazer
landarts is offline   Reply With Quote