View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 03:14 AM   #37
Devillusion

Re: project: Gangreen

Well, trying to get back on the trail rig project. Been off it for quite some time. Will be a few days before I can get back to it again, but did manage to make some progress in the last couple.

Installed the frame/steering box brace from ORD, nice little piece....hoping it saves the frame over time.

SRW hubs and 4" springs.....probably still going to opt for the 52"ers in the front, but the deal was right.

Mounted up one quarter panel (thanks Jay), raised it 1.5" same as the front, was going to stretch the rear quarters as well (like the front) but found that the inner wheel wells would have needed to be enlarged or use a set of trailer fenders.....would just be getting to in depth for the gain at this point in the project. So I decided to just raise them and that was it. Have to many other things on the "to do" list on this thing to start adding more.

Also got the one front inner fender partially mounted, will take some massaging from a BFH in the daytime when the wife isn't sleeping 12' above me..... ;kk

Want to get the front hubs swapped out, track down a 14 bolt ff with some 4.10's in it and just swap out the one I have as I am pretty sure they are 3.73s but not yet confirmed. Then start looking at finishing up the rock rails, front bumper, rear bumper, piece back the interior, bleed the brakes, replace the oil cooler lines, thermostat, coolant, etc etc etc. And of course pick up another rear quarter panel to finish off the large portion of the sheetmetal work.
1970 Chevelle
1968 Biscayne 2dr post

"...there is no excuse for what I am about to do, but dangit....it's gonna be fun!"
Devillusion is offline   Reply With Quote