View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 09:43 PM   #527
DD1

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

Here is a pic of the blasted trailing arms. I think they look pretty good except for the small hole I need to weld. I could probably just leave it alone, but it should only take a few minutes to add some metal to it; it does not even have to look nice in that spot or anywhere on the arms really.

Dumb Question: when I insert the bushing sleeves into the trailing arms, does it matter which direction they are inserted? Does the side of the sleeve with the lip go on the outside of the arms or on the inside? I'll search for pics on the forum and see if I can figure it out in the meantime. I did not pay attention to the direction they were in when I removed them.

Here is a comparison of the end of the two arms.

Got the Differential Cover today. I was a bit disappointed that it turned out to be chrome. In the photo on Advance Auto's website, it looked like a brushed metal, not shiny. This is the website pic on the left vs what I got on the right. Not a big deal, but just not the look I was going for. It will probably get dulled when I have the frame blasted and sand accidentally hits it.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=502964

Last edited by DD1; 08-21-2018 at 10:01 PM.
DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote