View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 01:14 AM   #508
MARTINSR

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

It's pretty amazing how when we see something getting done across the country in some garage it fires us up.

This "five minutes a day" is amazing, something is getting done! And I can't tell you how I don't have the drive I use to, I am 58, I worked all day today, I am still weathering some kind of cold or something coughing, I don't want to be out side, I am just not where I once was with this stuff. The passion has dropped quite a bit from years ago when I would work until midnight for months before a show to get my project done. This five minutes a day would take a long time to get this truck done, but it would be done a hell of a lot faster if I didn't touch it at all! And some days my 5 minutes does turn into an hour or two.

Today, I got the bottom of the door cut off and the patch set into place. I had to find a way to push the skin down so I ran a piece of tubing across the door, wham done! WHOOO HOOO! I didn't know how I was going to do this.

When I reshaped the bottom of the door shortening the shell when I sectioned it I just couldn't bring the roll up on that skin, I just couldn't do it! So clamping it in place is how I pulled it off. Now doing this patch I had a whole different problem because the bottom was cut off. But this piece of tubing took care of it, right on.

Brian
Attached Images

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote