View Single Post
Old 09-27-2018, 10:18 PM   #13
87chevy.com
BMW & ASE Master Certified

Re: GMT900 style caliper / PBR 15 square body question

Well, all the items came in for a mock up, 12.9"x30mm 5 lug rotor, 2008+/GMT 900 caliper assembly with bracket.
I do need to pay attention to the location when ordering junkyard parts on ebay... caliper came from new New York.. pin seized in the bracket and broke off when trying to remove. Spent a good hour getting almost all of it out with various techniques. In the end, the price I paid was a core caliper anyway.

Haven't made a bracket yet to test fit the assembly in my 17" american racing torque lite
wheel, but this setup barely fits the wilwood spindle. It may need the caliper bracket clearanced a few hairs... but haven't made a bracket so may be no modification.

Next step is to make a MDF bracket with washers to center the caliper on the rotor and to test fit. If it fits, next step an aluminum prototype, or just do steel..

If it doesn't fit, mine as well do the bigger Dodger brakes 13.8" x 32mm rotors and matching calipers which would need the same kind of adapter bracket. I will say my measuring technique was damn near spot on with a harbor freight caliper and steel ruler.

Clint

New project: 2006 BMW x5 6cyl AWD to L83 6l80e 4wd to 2WD / RWD

A poor man buy's it twice

finally got my domain name back, 87chevy.com.... site rework in progress
87chevy.com is offline   Reply With Quote