View Single Post
Old 12-19-2018, 12:33 AM   #27
l_alvis

Re: '71 C30 Flatbed Budget Restomod

Forgot to update but the 14 bolt was installed a few months ago. After unbinding the leaf springs I found that 5 of the leafs had been split in half (yikes). Loving the new gearing as I can actually get to interstate speeds without fearing of projectile parts (an OD transmission would still be nice though). I had to go without rear brakes for the time being as discs don't quit fit between 16.5" wheels. I believe with a little grinding it will clear though, worst case a small spacer with get me that last bit of clearance.

I realized I'm going to need to set aside a bit of time to come up with a four-link that does what I want. I removed the flatbed for probably the first time in 40 years to work on the rear easier and it made me think about other options. I always liked the custom dually beds made with stepside fenders and thought about trying it out, but sourcing parts has proven very difficult without breaking the bank. I may have found a Longhorn bed which would be awesome since I could keep the 133" wheelbase. I really shouldn't get distracted with cosmetics at this point but I've gotten pretty obsessed here recently with making this a really cool build.

l_alvis is offline   Reply With Quote