View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 11:59 PM   #165
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Working Man's Burbon

Our current batch of weather has reminded me how important it is to have a working windshield washer. No real progress today, just teardown in preparation of repairing more misdeads of the PO. Going through the leak detection process I went around bouncing the four corners of the WMB and noticed the left front acted like it had a bad shock. Looking closely at the shock I realized the upper shock mount is broken out of the frame. So I tore the shocks out and the remains of the upper mount. This is what happens when someone doesn't do all of the engineering on a modification. The PO put the air bags on and removed the bump stops and called it good enough. The shocks became the bump stops everytime they bottomed out internally and over time broke the mounts out of both sides of the frame. I will be putting in a raised shock of mount of some kind and new shocks. The right side was so bad it caused the shock to drop out and the lower body of the shock is damaged. I noticed the dent in the shock when I was looking at the truck initially but didn't put two and two together. Photos 1&2 show how loose the upper mount was. With the shock on the truck would move up and down about an 1 1/2" before the shock moved. Then the bolt damage and the shock damage.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is online now   Reply With Quote