View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 06:21 PM   #115
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Over 25 Years Later, Finally My 71 C-10 Truck Build

No pictures today, but hardly needed. I finished the fuel line connections and clamps to the frame. I finished stabilizing the rear brake line, it was loose where the flexible hose bolts down to the axle. I replaced the lower radiator hose. I replaced the rear seal on the end of the transmission and installed the driveshaft.

The only work left on the back half is the shocks and I'm thinking of putting something on the rear differential vent hose to keep crap out. If anyone has an idea for that, please let me know. I was thinking about a small filter or something, maybe an offroader would have an idea.

I have a bucket of parts to drop off at the sandblaster, pulleys and brackets, etc. for the motor. I think I might have to buy some large washers for the cab mounts, mine were in bad shape. I already bought bolts, and the rubber mounts, but not the washers.

I'm going to be gone half the week again, but plan on taking vacation and a 4 day weekend this next week. I am planning on setting the new cab on the frame, finishing the motor accessories, maybe a fresh coat of rustoleum black on the radiator support.

I don't want to think past that stage. That's when I'll be getting into an area that's unfamiliar to me...body work.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote