View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 01:14 PM   #362
Miller92

Re: Post pics. Lets see how many 60-66 4x4 are out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulltilbroke View Post
Well the Cummins swap was just an Idea that popped into my head as I have a spare 12v and NV4500 sittin here but I just might stick that in my old 67.

My other plans are to find a set of stock wheels and hubcaps and put some tall skinnys back on it like the originals. Other than that It might get a rust free set of fenders, some bed wood and thats about it. I like the patina of this old truck too. I kinda wish I never would've primered my 67 as it had an awesome patina back in the day.

Heres a few more pics of my 60.

Its even got Patina on the interior.

And it is suprisingly solid for being a Nebraska truck and having a snoplow on it for part of its life.

I had the same idea with my '63. The PO has already put a looks like Camaro or Nova front cross member and for some stupid reason welded the motor mounts on it, so we figured since it won't be all original or nothing we wanna do something wicked with it and I've always wanted a Dodge Diesel, so we thought bout putting a Cummins in it but them things are freaking expensive! lol

What's your frame look like? I know quite a few people up there that have rusted out frames from the salt on the roads and stuff. Down here where I'm at we have salt in the air (ocean breeze) so our bodies rust out alot faster.
Miller92 is offline   Reply With Quote