View Single Post
Old 06-04-2016, 08:15 AM   #114
bluex

Re: No Limit Trailing Arm Rear Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Port Jimmy 6 View Post
So how much trouble to put one of these under a 73-87?
There are two swap kits that I know of. If you want to do it, check out CPP's kit and avoid the other one. Hot rods to hell might do it as well but I think they are kind of more into one off setups last time I looked into them. They could be a third option. If you want some details about the kit I have PM me and I'll go over them with you. It shouldn't be two hard of a swap with good parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnolimit View Post
We haven't done this, and have no plans to do so. The goal for the T.A. kit for the 63-72 C10's was to provide a true bolt-in kit (no welding at all) that would ride and handle as well as our FatBar 4-bar. So, to put a trailing arm in a later C1500, there would be welding involved, so, why not use our proven FatBar system? Also, the shape of the frame rail has a lot to do with how successful this swap would be. Just because you 'can' do it, doesn't mean you should.
Rob, I'd be interested to hear your opinions on the downfalls of the trailing arm setup in a 73-87. I have a swap kit for my truck and a 72 rear axle so I wasn't supposed to have to do any welding. But parts of the kit don't fit very well and I never got an answer on a fix so its been sitting in a pile in my garage while I work on other stuff. I want to start back on installing it soon though. I'm going to have to modify parts of it and probably the floor of the cab so it will fit the way I think it should.

Not looking for you to specifically bash the available kits per say (I can do that on my own) but what problems the suspension design would have in the later frame.

Thanks!
bluex is offline   Reply With Quote