View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 12:39 AM   #36
un4gvn!

Re: Question for the purists

OK, when I was growing up in the 60's and 70's, I always hanged out in garages watching and listening, and learning. All these so called builders called a purist some thing different. My understanding was if you restored or beefed up a car or truck, you use the components the factory used. Example; If you build a Buick, you use Buick. If you build a Pontiac, you use Pontiac. Etc, etc. An unpure vehicle would be someone built an Oldsmobile and put a Chevy drive train in it. Someone built a Mopar and put a Ford drive train in it. My understanding of what most of you are talking about keeping the truck as factory original as possible. Wouldn't that be a concours? Not a purist? I'm with you guys about the SPID, don't deceived others to get a oooooh or aaaaah reaction because you added options on the SPID that the truck didn't have in the first place. It's your truck, add the options, but why lie about it. For what it's worth, leave legal documents alone. I'm pretty sure your not going to get extra points for a forgery. I've seen people at shows get into arguments about parts added on by the owner claiming it was original. Ask your self, was it worth it?
un4gvn! is offline   Reply With Quote