View Single Post
Old 04-08-2016, 10:52 PM   #1
gridironkohn

What was I thinking??? Ugh

I finally got my 40/20/40 seats from shop4seats for my 85 k10. When I opened them up I was very excited! They were beautiful. Black leather with midnight blue two tone in the middle of the seats. After some modification I finally had the seats installed. But as I was prepping to install them I couldn't help but think I really messed up on ordering these. I was surprised how Beefy they were. I mean I have seen high back buckets on a standard can before and I I really liked how they looked. But never actually got to sit in one with that set up. Well once I had them set in. I took a seat and tried to get done leg room....oh ****! Not good. I felt a bit cramped. Even me at 5'9 and sbout 190. First thought was...why didn't I just go with the low backs??!!!!

Here is what it looks like

As you can see the headrest is smashed against the rear window ��

So I called shop4seats who say they have a customer satisfaction garauntee. Well they would swap the high backs for low backs. But there's a catch. I can handle the fact I have to pay for shipping the old back and again for the new but a 30% restocking fee????!!!! What the hell? That's a little crazy to me considering I put in my vehicle info when ordering stating that i have a standard cab. They not only should called me to make sure that I wanted to still order the high backs knowing it wasn't recommended for standard cabs but maybe not even allow me to process the order. I take some blame sure... I failed, but they should work with me here. Because let's be honest. They can easily still use the seats minus maybe the covers. I don't know what I'm gonna do. I paid $1373 with shipping and the mounting bracket included. No way I can eat 30%....any ideas on how to approach them to waive the restocking fee?

Last edited by gridironkohn; 04-08-2016 at 11:17 PM.
gridironkohn is offline   Reply With Quote