View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 12:18 AM   #858
Zoomad75
K5Camper

Re: post up your camping pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldawg142 View Post
you must have a very good wife!
the one concession i have to make to wifey when rv shopping, it's got to have a toilet...myself i could care less, i'm like a bear when i'm in the woods, the miss'us, nope, nada, no way....which kinda sucks, i like a 8 foot camper so i can shut the tailgate, but a bathroom in a 8 sure eats up the room...
She's ok with somewhat primitive camping. We've tent camped a lot, but most of the time we were really car camping at a lake with her sister's family, so it was in a campground with decent facilities within walking distance.

Last year's run to Pearl pass was the first time since College that she's gone wheeling/camping with me. That's going on 20+ years ago. As things happen, she can't take the heat of staying on the front range camping at any lake when the temps are high and little to no chance for air conditioning. (heat can trigger her MS to flare up ugly) But last years trip proved she could still camp, not get hot as it's easily 20degrees cooler in the higher elevations. The only issue on Pearl pass was actually getting cold because it dipped deep into the 40's to high 30's at night and we didn't have heavy enough bags to sleep in. The idea of a camper with a furnace where she didn't have to sleep on an air mattress and freeze her tail off was instrumental to me getting the FWC camper in the first place.

She won't go on every run, but we can also do some closer runs just to get into the hills for the weekend and be less "wheeling" and more camping/hanging out and relaxing.

We've got another trip planned with the two families we went over Pearl Pass with the weekend after next. We won't be hitting any hairy trails like last time, but it's still in a great area and fun to go through. It will be in the central mountains in our normal go-to wheeling spot, but this time we'll hit Pomeroy Lakes, Hancock lake & pass and possibly Tomichi Pass with a return on Old Monarch pass. They are fun trails, but some of the group not as used to the off road stuff voted to take it easier this time. (hopefully, they don't look up details on Tomichi pass as it's a narrow shelf up and down)
Zoomad75 is offline   Reply With Quote