Thread: My 1st 68 panel
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2019, 11:31 PM   #93
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: My 1st 68 panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard2717 View Post
All I can say is that GM never intended for the foam to come back off of these seats. Holy mama, I did not think i would ever get to the finish line. It is like they sprayed them on then took a hot knife to actually shape them in place. Thankfully there is no metal repair needed to the frames. Only issue I found in the whole setup is a messed up mounting stud on one of the slider tracks. I put a post up looking for a correct one but if I cant find one soon I will just get a regular carriage bolt and modify the head to fit in the track. Next step will be to get the blaster set up on the next decent day and get everything cleaned up then get them primed and painted along with the floor frame and brackets. I might even check on cost to get them powder coated but I am not a real big fan of the powder.

I just took my buddies to the upholstery shop Thursday. Luckily My foams were usable with some minor patching. It looked like they were stuck to the frames pretty good. Glad I didn't have to mess with them.

I would think a carriage bolt with the head ground down would work OK if there is enough length on the square to peen it a little bit to hold it in the frame. If not you may have to tack weld it.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-

Last edited by LockDoc; 03-09-2019 at 11:38 PM.
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote