View Single Post
Old 01-27-2018, 11:33 PM   #2266
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustytruck50 View Post
You've got to be getting pretty excited! Looks great!
Yep, won't be long now, hopefully. Still have a few things to do, though. Today was devoted mainly to the brakes. Scott came over this afternoon to assist, but it seems like all we did was chase leaks. Unlike the cooling system, I think 9 out of 10 connections leaked. I'm not sure why all the issues. Everything in the system is new. Hard lines, rubber lines, fittings, brakes, m/c... you name it. Not one used part in the whole dealio. Some of the connections had to be tightened 4-5 times to get them to stop weeping. Way back, I thought about converting all the double flare connections to AN. Now I wish I had. I reckon when the hydraulic boost pressure hits the system, I'll be back chasing leaks and cussing again.

And to add insult to injury, I still have no brake pedal. Bled the m/c till all the air bubbles were gone, then reverse bled the lines till no bubbles. Pedal goes all the way to the floor and won't pump up. So there still has to be a significant amount of air in it somewhere. The tool I'm using can force fluid thru the orifices in the m/c, so I may try that tomorrow... or gravity bleed, although I've never had much luck with that. One way or the other, I'll get 'er done.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote