Thread: C10 Goldilocks
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2018, 04:35 PM   #150
Phill0406

Re: C10 Goldilocks

Well the old 4L80e had a bad hydraulic pump so out with the old in with the new. Luckily I had a warranty on it so it only cost me my time. Had the valve covers re done with powder coat and hand painted letters. Got the alternator split and powder coated black and then reassembled. Turned lemons into lemonade! Also put some new carpet in the interior along with some sound deading - makes it feel 100x better than a raw floor.

Finished getting it back in and reassembling everything and took it out to my surprise without any hiccups. Went for a test ride and ended up an hour away in another state at a random show.

Been just cruising it around since then. Went to a local show with a friend and his NNBS and I won best truck. Feels good after the long journey here.

Going to knock out little things now like put some new door locks in it and hopefully some audio by the end of the year. All though I don't mind hearing the LS breathe

I think this winter I want to build a custom set of headers with a 3" V band stainless exhaust with an X pipe. I don't love the headers I have now and want to have easy access to the plugs and wires since I relocated the coils.

68 Anniversary build - LS swap & Porterbuilt
Instagram @fourdoorphill
Phill0406 is offline   Reply With Quote