View Single Post
Old 03-27-2024, 08:16 PM   #190
sfont66

Re: 72 C10 for my 25th wedding anniversary

The cooling system was filled with nearly 3 gallons of coolant, filled through the top radiator hose so that the block and heads were completely filled first. Then the balance of the coolant filled the radiator.
Then 6 quarts of oil with zinc were added to the crankcase through the priming port in the front of the engine just behind the timing cover on the driver side.
As before I used a simple garden sprayer with a hose barb and a fitting from ICT Billet. The last time I used a larger 2 gallon sprayer, this time I used a 1 gallon sprayer. Both work equally well the smaller version is cheaper, At just $10, but the hose is plastic and is very stiff and doesn’t straighten out easily. It also requires the end of the hose to be heated with a heat gun in order for the hose barb/fitting to be inserted into the hose. I recommend checking out the quality of the hose if buying another sprayer. Otherwise both produce adequate pressure to prime the system.
More in a bit….
Attached Images