View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 01:07 PM   #8
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Re: Hard Starting Problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abig84 View Post
checking the actual fuel pressure might be a good idea? but i dont know if these older chevys have ports for the fuel pressure.

one thing i used to see on s10s and astrovans is the hose going up from the fuel pump to the pressure hose inside the tank will split. so you lose a lot of pressure while its trying to start but once it gets going and the pump is running full time the vehicle will drive fine.

easy way is if you can get a fuel gauge on the pressure line, key it on and once the fuel pump stops if the pressure drops down to zero really quickly thats probably the problem. a good working fuel pump should hold pressure or go down realllllllllly slowly
Thanks for all the replies everyone. Seeing the Burb is 25 almost 26 years old I am going to get the fuel pump replaced and see where there that takes me. If that doesn't cure it then dist cap rotor , coil or maybe just a whole new distributor. If that doesn't cure it then the coolant sensor then the air idle control thing. It should work by then as everything will be changed. I really am thinking fuel pump as there are no codes on the Burb. I plan on keeping this one for a long time.

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" 4 Things When Used are Gone Forever "

" A Word After it is Said - A Missed Opportunity - Time once Passed - Trust after its Lost "

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote