View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 08:23 PM   #168
factorystock

Re: most original 60-66 truck in existence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60-66 View Post
Though I would post some pictures of our 1966 GMC Fleetside. 18,000 original miles.
Thanks for posting photos 60-66! This truck is exactly what this thread is all about! Beautiful time capsule of a '66 GMC. IMO, this '66 GMC has joined ranks with oem4me '66 Chevy, as the most original trucks in existance. EXcellent reference for someone doing a factory restoration ( wish there were more done up stock this way). I brought up the differences in GMC's before, and your truck proves my point. It has the blacked out area between hood scoops ( near hood latch) to look like one large hood scoop. Also black fender tubs found on GMC's built in Pontiac Michigan. I assume the firewall is fawn on your truck also. One request, please show a close up shot of the "Custom" emblem. If I am correct it is not all chrome, it should have red and white paint stripes below the "Custom" logo. In a world were most everything is modified for one reason or another, it is a treat to see a GMC looking the way it did in 1966.(except for that photo with the car style full wheel covers of course)
factorystock is offline   Reply With Quote