View Single Post
Old 06-19-2006, 12:54 AM   #38
PBFAB.COM

Re: Dropmember in a 69 C10

OK- What's a big block? and what's a carborator? Just kidding! (I thought big blocks and carborators were forgotten when gas prices reached $3.00 a gallon ) I have not set this up with a big block. It can be done I am sure, but how much work it is I do not yet know. The obvious points of concern with running a big block with the Dropmember would be the firewall clearance and the steering shaft to header clearance. Small blocks with carbs will work just fine (the 63 panel is running that combo). The LS1 is actually a little bit larger than the traditional small block, and fits a lot tighter (If you want to run an LS1 you will need the f-body oil pan). The 350 in the panel had to come forward 2" and up 2" and has plenty of oil pan clearance and distributor to firewall clearance. I will be digging one of my own trucks (a 69) out of the back lot and be doing an install with a small block and turbo 350 trans so I can have some good pics for installation instructions (I am assuming this would be the most common combination to be run). I will be happy to post up more pics for all to see. I want to make sure everybody knows exactly what to expect when they purchase one of my Dropmembers. Keep the questions coming, and feel free to make suggestions or offer constructive criticism. The better I make this thing, the more people will buy it!
PBFAB.COM is offline   Reply With Quote