View Single Post
Old 01-02-2019, 02:55 PM   #61
DieselSJ

Re: 1991 ccsb duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemoto_xxx View Post
You know this for a fact because you've done this exact conversion yourself? I'm just mind blown by all of your knowledge!!!
I know this because I worked for one of the top LED lighting MFG's and we did a lot of development on stock and aftermarket housings for retrofitting. The reflector and lens are designed for a specific point of light to get the proper patter on the road. LED bulbs don't have it in the correct area so you get light scattered where it shouldn't be and you blind oncoming drivers, thus becoming one of the asshats that doesn't know how to do a proper retrofit. You are better finding a Hella E-Code housing and using a good quality halogen bulb than trying to do a retrofit.

No, I would not do your exact conversion because I know enough from testing that you end up with a crap result so I would not waste my money on it. Instead I have some 80/100W halogens in some E-spec housings and I have a great pattern with a very distinct cut-off so I have excellent lighting on the road surface and nothing shining into the eyes of oncoming drivers.