View Single Post
Old 05-27-2023, 07:32 AM   #8
A1971Blazer

Re: transmission cooler lines/connections Q's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Looks really good! From your description the added trans cooler seems to be before the stock radiator cooler, maybe increasing temps at times. Like the B&M plate coolers myself. Always use the stock cooler to get trans up to operating temp quickly, but have always installed auxiliary cooler after the stock cooler to decrease temps. FWIU heat is the enemy on an automatic. Am I reading wrong, or is there a reason for this choice?
the radiator cooler is actually first in line from the transmission output... I researched for some time about where to input into the radiator and nearly everything I found indicated that the hot line should go into the bottom of the radiator and come out the top (which was actually opposite of my way of thinking at the time) then the "U" shaped line at the top of the radiator goes around the front and into the far side of the cooler, then back down just to the side and back of the radiator.

Nonetheless that's how it's plumbed...obviously my description was a little confusing and the return line from the cooler going back to the transmission is hidden from view except at the very bottom of the radiator (the short black tube at the bottom under the braided fitting in the radiator)

Thanks for looking at it that closely, and being willing to point out a possible mistake, guys like you are the ones who really make this site the best.

a better picture…i took the radiator out so i can run all the wires up inside the core support
Name:  IMG_0679.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  112.1 KB
1972 Chevrolet K/5 Blazer

Last edited by A1971Blazer; 05-27-2023 at 08:04 AM.
A1971Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote