View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 07:10 PM   #9
clinebarger

Re: 700R4 build thread.

Bigdav160, IIRC the B-bodies retained the 4 pin TCC connector in '93 because it was still TBI? I know the F-body & Y-body got the 5-pin TCC plug. Maybe mistaken...Don't build '93 cores everyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADAZ chevy guy View Post
YES on the support fixture. I have that whole thread saved in my bookmarks. I also want to make a pump puller, rear spring assy compressor and the wire & copper tube 'thingy' that you use to work the seals in.
Tow package/police package? Would that mean heaver clutches and/or other parts?
Also, I read someplace that there were a couple of changes in the 1993's (Not the 'E' versions) that were different from the 92's. Have you heard that?
Thank you in advance for all this. I'd be lost without someone knowledgeable to keep me out of trouble.
Tow package/police package means just better cooling, Bigger lines with auxiliary cooler. No internal upgrades over the '92.

Don't order ANY parts until the unit is torn down & inspected, Need to get the unit hung, CHECK endplay First! Endplay spec is .015" to .036". This is more of a Note to get a base reading for the final endplay & selective endplay washer selection during the build. Take this measurement with the input shaft pointed up, Set the dial indicator to zero, Pull up on the Input shaft to get the reading.

Next step is remove the Governor, You will forget later when the back half gets pulled & the Governor gear gets broke...Ask me how I know.

Next is the 2-4 band servo, Compress the piston into the case, Remove the Wire snap ring, With a pair of pliers work the cover out until it stops. This will expose the o-ring seal through the slots in the case. Using an awl, Pull on the O-ring though the opening (This will stretch the O-ring making it smaller) With the pliers, Work the cover out of it's bore.

The 4th apply piston will come out with the cover, Remove the 2nd apply piston & Pin & return spring from the case, Stack it in order on your bench out of the way. See diagram....I going to use drawings as much as I can.
Attached Images

clinebarger is offline   Reply With Quote