View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 11:45 PM   #19
87chevy.com
BMW & ASE Master Certified

Re: GMT900 style caliper / PBR 15 square body question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goats86 View Post
Clint, can you recap the exact parts you used for this as I have a new set of rotors and pads for a 2002 suburban and I can't find a home for them. I may as well use them if possible. Thanks

Wilwood c-10 pro spindle drop spindle, stock Wilwood hub that comes in kit, custom brackets designed by me and sent out to a machine shop, 12.9" x 1" rotors from a jeep Cherokee w/ hubs enlarged to fit hub and 2018 Silverado calipers... same as 08+, not PBR brand , there Akebono brand.. i got lucky on an Ebay search and picked them up with 6 miles on them for a good price.... heck new wouldn't have broke the bank either..

Sounds expensive, slightly over 950$ and still need brake lines. But this leaves me the option to pick any rotor available for the application, cheap aftermarket stock, mid grade to quality aftermarket, factory, slotted, drilled, both... kits offered is one and done and not likely off the shelf available.

If I had larger rims, 18"+, which I dont, I would have used the later model Durango 350mm (13.8") x 32mm ( 1.25") rotor and matching caliper... this fills up my wheel just fine and should be a solid upgrade.

If my bud Aaron steps up to the wilwood spindles for his 68, hes running 20ish Intro rims, I'll draw them up and have them cut out and post up.. but nothing in the works.

New project: 2006 BMW x5 6cyl AWD to L83 6l80e 4wd to 2WD / RWD

A poor man buy's it twice

finally got my domain name back, 87chevy.com.... site rework in progress
87chevy.com is offline   Reply With Quote