Thread: Bare Metal Look
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 11:26 AM   #25
MARTINSR

Re: Bare Metal Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
every time I see a "what do you guys think" question asked I cringe, because the opinionated wieners see their opportunity to give you what you ask for and the non partisans check in to hear themselves talk.

not saying either of those groups exist on this forum, but I have seen this behavior before on message boards.

it comes down to: do what you like. if you want purple interior and steer horns on the hood then to hell with whatever anyone else thinks. you would have to be pretty weak of constitution to ask strangers for opinions then ACTUALLY follow their advice

do what you like. if you want bare metal because it looks cool then do it. if you want bare metal because one sold for 30k then do it. if you want bare metal because you have never had it then do it. if you want bare metal because you want to talk about it non stop ar show and shines then do it. if you want bare metal for 1000 different reasons, then do it. no one here is writing any checks to finish your truck, no one will beg for a refund if they dont like it, and no one has to like it but you.
Advice was asked, and advice has been given. There are three different people who ask advice:

1. Those who will follow advice because they don't have a clue.

2. Those that will follow the advice doing what they would have anyway and ignore all others advice because it's not what they want to hear.

3. Those who listen to advice from others and make a decision using all that advice and their opinions to come up with what is best for them.

I have posted threads asking for advice on my build. I have gotten advice way, way out of the box that I would NEVER do. But I have also gotten advice way way out of the box that was perfect and I had just never gone there and have and will use.

If we aren't asking advice to hear everything others have to offer than we are in the number 1 or 2 that I listed.

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote