Thread: ISO-free primer
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2018, 07:23 PM   #2
Foot Stomper

Re: ISO-free primer

I don't understand your need for ISO free. There's nothing better than a good urethane high build over an epoxy primer and all of them have isocyanates! Even the polyester primer you sprayed had isocyanates I'm pretty sure.

Autobody chemicals are all very harmful and all precautions should be taken regardless of chemical makeup. If you are using a proper fitting N95 mask, then using primers as you already have been should be no problem. Why do you think you need ISO free urethane primer??

I suggest you go to Carlsons Body Shop Supplies and buy a gallon of Five Star DTM and don't argue the price. It's the best urethane primer money can buy and will sand like butter (if you spray it as per TDS) and will not shrink and reveal your 180 scratches in your paint job. Buying a cheaper primer will only make you work harder sanding it, and will have less filling properties.

Pictured below is the Five Star DTM in white. Check out my build thread in my signature for more pictures. (This truck was restored 30 miles outside Regina)
Attached Images

My 1959 GMC build thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=686989
Foot Stomper is offline   Reply With Quote