View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 09:45 PM   #320
joedoh

Re: Wamego: 1949 GMC 150

thanks all!

not a lot of progress, unfortunately. trying to make doug's thing but too many irons or candles or pokers or goats whatever the overtasked metaphor is.

the rear window gasket I got didnt fit the pinch, we had it in once and the window just fell out, not enough contact. I stopped and got some gasket material from the local shop and they didnt have the lock strip, saying the one I have should fit, but it doesnt.

56928959521__F157D243-CD70-4313-ABEC-9F9C3EC452AD by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I also worked on the gauges, the con2r set is very deep. originally neither would fit, the speedo didnt clear the defroster and the tach didnt even come close to clearing the dash brace or the wiper motor.

IMG_2855 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_2856 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

after some.. modifications.. that I will go into privately if someone wants to know, they both finally fit.

IMG_2870 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_2873 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

they are wired and everything checks out except the speedo so far. really pretty but like most really pretty things, a bit of extra effort is required to keep them happy.

speaking of happy, I forgot to turn off the shop heater one night and woke the boys up taking a nap in the truck

IMG_2852 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

you can see how ridiculously deep the tach is in that picture too, its upside down closest to the camera.

got the blower trimmed and installed. havent tested yet because the battery is out.

IMG_2857 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_2858 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

funny thing about that, I needed to trim the blower motor from the extra ac box I had. I replaced the rad a while back and when I finished the blower mod I noticed a weird rad leak. turns out I had just tilted the ac box a little when walking past the truck and dumped ac oil on the truck. I was loosing my marbles there for a second.

IMG_2875 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I am shooting to have the headliner done tomorrow, then the column back in (had to take it all apart for the gauges. no rest for the wicked)

no word on travel. have some other things working right now so gotta split time.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote