View Single Post
Old 11-11-2018, 01:17 PM   #77
56hotrodred

Re: 56 task force on 80 1/2 ton frame pictures

Things are moving slowly on my build as I am now fully engulfed into the wiring. Slow going but I now have the AAW fuse panel in and am starting to hook up individual circuits.

The wiring under the cab is secured and covered with braided loom and cable clamps. That alone took the better part of a full day!

In the 2 photos you can again see the Ron Francis Ramjet wiring in the cab behind the seat, still not hooked up to main control unit as I am waiting for some individual wire clamps/tie-downs to fasten them down and keep things neat back there!

You can also see the beginning of the AAW install with as much Dynamat on the firewall as I could stick down.

I am leaving a fair bit of slack in the wiring to the dash so in the future I can take it out and basically set it on my lap, when I have a seat in, to look on or work on things. It looks like I have room under the dash for the extra wiring that is a result of this slack.

So far I am happy with how far the Dynamat has gone. I know its expensive but I have about $200.00 invested in it so far and that has covered the firewall and the roof. I will need more to do the floor and will have to talk to the body shop, as they still have my doors, about making sure the insides of the doors get something also. I can't believe how it took the tin can sound out of the roof!

I am running into a few issues that I don't know how to deal with yet!

For one I see that I have a wire identified to go to the electric choke! I don't have an electric choke with the Ramjet 350!

Do I just eliminate that wire? Do I totally remove it?

I am also trying to figure out the electronic speedometer! Not sure at all what needs to be done there!

Might have to email AAW and/or Ron Francis to see how that goes.

I am sure there will be more questions for both companies.

Sometimes the answer(s) presents itself as you move to the next step or otherwise look ahead at the instructions.

One example of that that made me feels stupid is that when I was running Ron Francis wires in the engine compartment I installed a wire to each the water temp and oil pressure gauges but low and behold those wires are included in the AAW classic update kit. I had to look ahead a step or two in the instructions when all of a sudden I had 2 sets of wires for each of them. Kind of a duh moment.

I am sure there will be more as electrical stuff has always mystified me!!!
Attached Images

56hotrodred is offline   Reply With Quote