View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 02:53 PM   #10
vin63
It's Better With Nitro

Re: Pics and advice needed for the best wheel offset to clear on a bagged C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krispykreme64 View Post

THE REAR
The rear is real wide, if i lay the truck down as is (making the rear diff. touch the bed) the outside of the rear tire touches the inside of the rear quarter panel and rubs on the center bolt that's holding the top of the wheel tub in place. I have plenty of room to spare from the inside of the tire to the inside tub. It will go all the way down just can't go too low while driving because it starts tearing up the side wall of the tire on that bolt.
The front is really limited to the inner fender, if it's unmodified without a pocket for the wheel and tire to tuck up into. The inner fender will rest on top of my 26-inch tall tire when my front air springs are aired down.

For the rear, I had to raise my bed 1-inch and run a sheetmetal Ford 9-inch and the top of the center of the housing still would contact the bottom of bedwood. I put an access door for my rearend filler and some electrical relays/fuel pump I installed there. Some people fabricate and bed-width hump to allow the rearend housing to travel past the bed floor.

As far as the backspacing on your wheel/tire combo, you really have to measure carefully, taking into account the tire section (not just the advertised tread width).Here is my bed to accommodate my chassis:
Attached Images

Tubular front and rear suspension
Custom 6-piston front disc and 4-piston rear disc brakes
vin63 is offline   Reply With Quote