View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 11:54 PM   #8
irishman999

Re: Got a story of a car you "loved and lost" or sold? Or found ... years later?

My favorite car ever was a 91 Gem Metro 4 door with a 1 liter engine running on 2.5 cylinders. My dad got it for me when I was 16 from the dealer he worked at and I actually understood the brilliance of the car at the time since I could haul cargo in the back hatch with fold down seats or flip them up and haul the crew around. Funniest story about the car ever was my buddy stealing it while I was in class and climbing "the un-climbable" hill no ones trucks could climb with plenty of people watching. The memories in this car are monumental, I could go on and on about how much I loved this car and like any stupid 16 year old I traded it for a jacked up Datsun pickup that needed a clutch.

After 10 years the car actually showed up abandoned outside of my dads shop after changing several owners. He called me as soon as he spotted the flowmaster stickers on it and I freaked out. Sadly he traded it to someone for a Jeep Cherokee before I could get it back.
irishman999 is offline   Reply With Quote