View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 11:39 PM   #178
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Working Man's Burbon

I went to the Steel Yard and got a 12 x 12 piece of 1/4" plate and 56" of 4" schedule 40 pipe for $34 (It's 's $15 a cut and I know I will use the rest of the pipe somewhere)and hour and half in the shop later I had two cups for the bags. They dropped right in without issue! Yay! I do like that it's at ride height with 90 psi instead of 140 psi. Then I installed the 1-1/4" sway bar I got for $40. I used aftermarket bushings and mounted them right to the frame. I had to clearance the outer bumper brackets at the frame and the zerk fitting on the driver side bushing clamp hit the frame when the bags were aired out. (The passenger side had at least 1/2" of clearance???) I removed the offending material away from the upper spring mount. However when I put the steering through a full range of motion with the bags up and down I found that the end of the Pitman arm hits the sway bar. I thought that I may need to lower the sway bar, but having looked around the forum I'm not sure if lowering the bar mounts will make enough of a difference or if the problem is caused by how the power steering pump is mounted. If it's like the rest of the things the PO did, I will probably have to move the steering pump. We'll see what tomorrow brings.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote