View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 10:43 AM   #60
racecougar

Re: Pole Frame Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rharris View Post
struggling with the ceiling insulation. If i blow in, i will need to block off the eves to keep the insulation from going down the walls and out the soffit vent. They make rafter mates, but they are for 24" OC. I have 48". Putting two together don't work so nice. The rafter mate keeps a channel of vented air from the soffit vent up to the ridge vent and allows a spot for the blown to rest against. Thoughts?
I know I'm way late to this party, but when I built my shop, I utilized 10mil plastic sheeting to create my own insulation baffles. I also installed sheeting to create a vapor barrier above the ceiling sheetmetal. Since I work alone, I used a drywall hoist to get each panel up near the ceiling, slid it onto two deadmen made out of 2x4 off-fall, then attached it to the trusses. I ended up blowing in about R-55 of fiberglass in the ceiling (I bought more insulation than I really needed, and I wasn't going to take it back). With R-19 batts in the walls, and the building sealed up as tight as it is, heating and cooling my 30'x60'x12-1/2' building takes next to nothing. I've been enjoying the building for a great couple of years now.

Good looking build you've got going on!
Attached Images