View Single Post
Old 06-23-2017, 02:41 PM   #108
jadedbird

Re: My LQ4/T56 build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckLee View Post
Great choice....did the same as far as clutch goes! Great minds think alike
What are you doing to the motor? Stock heads?
Untitled by FlickrAccount83, on Flickr

Power washed frame today, going to take the wire wheel and grinder to her next. Anyone have any recommendations on POR-15 or Eastwood or something? Powder coating isn't really an option for me.

Untitled by FlickrAccount83, on Flickr
get rid of that monster clutch asap. I had a stage 3 in my ws6. it sqweeked sqwalled and shuddered. I called monster about a new flex plate and pilot bearing, they said that I would have to send it in for testing to determine if it was a defect. After days of back and forth of fighting they finally said I caused the pressure plate to glaze and warp and ruined the bearing because i must have drove too many city miles during break in.. That was false because my daily commute was 95% highway. then they tried to claim that i drove it too hard. Also false because i was breaking in a motor at the same time so that wasnt the issue. They then tried to flip stances and say I wasnt driving it hard enough and i needed to beat and bang on it to break it in. So i did some research,. long story short, they have bad reputation. i sold the car months later and the next owner took care of it. moral of story.. mcleods or spec....
jadedbird is offline   Reply With Quote