Thread: Restoring Rusty
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2020, 08:57 PM   #6262
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: Restoring Rusty

Wait, what? Inquiring minds want to know how I fingered it out?

Alright, after all you are under quarantine, or as I like to call it a captive audience, ha ha

so on a serious note I want to share what I went through because it can actually help somebody out and maybe knock off a year or two off the time it takes to fix this, ha ha

Here's how I went about it. I wanted to figure how these lights worked and not just hack at it until it worked.

The first thing you need to do is figure out how a component works, in this case what each wire does. This was simple enough as the pig tail in question only had two pig tails, a light blue wire and a brown wire.

Now here's a Top Tip: when trying to figure out how something works, doing so when it is broken is definitely not the time to do it. Lucky for us we had another turn signal / marker just like this one on the other side in working order, so we employed our Stare and Compare methodology.

this allowed us to quickly pick up on the fact that although each light had a different color blue wire (drive side light blue, passenger side dark blue) they each shared the same brown wire, this allowed us to Divide and Conquer even further.
Attached Images

Last edited by Gregski; 06-02-2020 at 09:35 AM.
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote