View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 05:23 PM   #3
drew8mc

Re: Choose your own adventure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick472 View Post
Are you talking about buying a whole different truck to build while you are driving this one with the new engine swap or just a rolling frame?

Either way, that would be the way I would take. First and foremost, I would assume you would get the brakes fixed and all the issues that make it unreliable along with a fresh motor and then the truck would be good to go for the build of the new chassis. This would allow a lot of time (years maybe) to build one heck of a truck all the while having a nice truck to drive. Secondly, if you buy a truck/chassis to build while your driving this one, you will end up with a truck to build in the end...starting the next project. Not only will this route take a little longer, but it may set you up with a life time of projects.

If you go with path #2, I would consider doing the drive train first then the suspension. And as a disclaimer, I don't know much about the suspension parts you mentioned.
Sorry, I should have clarified. No Limit makes a chassis similar to Roadstershop or other chassis builders. The idea being to have a working truck, and a chassis to build on at the same time, as you mentioned. It would not involve buying another complete truck.

And I've already dug into the battery cable, throttle, and brake issues. Wiring is one of those things that's been hacked at and modified so many times, that it really needs a completely new harness. But that seems like one of those things that should wait till the complete build.
drew8mc is offline   Reply With Quote