View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 03:23 PM   #93
jeffg1010

Re: "Project S" - My boy Sam's '72 2wd Blazer -The Red Sled

OK, Spring is here. A little work has commenced. Since Sam is only 8 ... and I love this Blazer, I am considering a quick shoot of paint to get it on the road. I am thinking a matte orange with a logo'ed rat rod theme. I can't say I've seen a rat rod Blazer, so it would make for some cool conversation.

My dad had a dozen Blazers through the late 70's and early 80's. They were all company trucks for the coal mine he worked at. In fact, it is partly what made me want a Blazer. SO... I've made a door logo up on the computer that would make the truck logo'ed as the "Westinghouse Coal Mine Safety Team" for his old company. My dad was on the mine safety team when I was a kid (he was the safety man, not a coal miner) The company closed down in the mid-80's and left us living on unemployment for a year...yep, gov't cheese and rice. (WV sucked) Thought it would be a cool tribute to how I grew up. Because growing up there has changed the way I look at my career today. I started my company because I realized at a young age that no matter how hard of a worker you are, you are never safe when it comes to someone else writing your paycheck.

So, here is a couple pics of what is going on.
I got some new trim bands from member bhelton. They are Wheel Vintiques and VERY nice. We are painting the rally's white. (for now)

And, last weekend I loaded up the '68 clip and the single wall top and shipped them to my dads house. On Monday, he took them to work and used some steam pressure cleaning system they have to get the dirt and other crap that was on them cleaned off. He sent me this pic after he was done. I have a few things to do to the top before I paint and my dad says he is going to get the clip ready to paint over the next few weeks. We'll see how it goes! There is a show up there July 17th, so I'd like to take it to it if we get some paint shot.

1986 C30 Crewcab - 63K original miles, original paint

Members I have met: mikey531, gcburdic, bashed, burbman69, TonyPieras, Blazester, GCncsuHD, custombuilt67-72, tsnow678, highrpm, PanelDeland, tanman722001, 47thriftmaster, babyblueoval, 68stepbed, JesseWebb, Andy4639, xs-style, TobyArnot, BigOrange, frednoah, brn_agn, k5hart, Graham57a, bhelton, AJohn6, SilverC10, 69CST, '71 Flame, RaceAGMC, Liz, Josh, MattPSU, 68corvair, Chevy350V8, mdeal, ccrorymc, mrhurt73, dmxxpert, Custom68, 84GMC, BionicABs1, BigBlockBurris, Ebfabman, ATP...
jeffg1010 is offline   Reply With Quote