View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 03:55 PM   #36
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
In for the ride too. I have always had a spot for these blazers, especially the 2wd versions. The DEG parts look good.
They do look nice. Ready to get my hands on them
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
Great thread!
The only thing I would add to the Deadend Garage parts,... is a 2" lowering block to help keep your ride height low,... with the correct pressure in the air bags.
I'm glad to see someone document a 4x4-to-2wd conversion with Deadend Garage parts.
If I bag it, it will definitely get 2” blocks. Right now, probably going static, as I have most of the parts on hand... unless I can find another $2-3k in the budget to bag it properly.

I’ve been wanting to document a conversion for a while now; I’m personally more interested in properly locating the front crossmember for prosperity, as there seems to be lots who have done it, but no definitive guidance. The DEG parts should make the rear a snap; remains to be seen!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbass View Post
I hope you realize that converting a 4X4 to 2WD in Utah is a felony.

J/K- I subbed now.
Yes, everyone that my wife has mentioned this to at her work thinks I’m a lunatic and won’t talk to me anymore... I’ll just go over here and be crazy by myself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennett68C10 View Post
...I’ll be putting the 2 1-piece 20x10’s up for sale after I get the new wheels.
PM sent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
...Sorry for hijacking your thread gringoloco.
No worries, it’s part of why we do this

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote