View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 10:16 PM   #27
Steamman

Re: 2011 Denali 6.2L No Oil Pressure

I have just had my 2010 6.2 yukon worked on with 120k on the motor. Warning light came on and had it scanned, #4 cylinder came up no fire. Went through the obvious and still came up no fire on #4. Took it to a dealer in Cincinnati where we had bought it (2 1/2hrs from home) and had them check it out. It was under warranty so they went through it and determined that it had bad lifters and some kind of fuel relay problem that it would not go from 8cylinders to 4for fuel economy. So.... with a$2800 bill that the warranty took care of, we start our way back home with 2 1/2hr trip and make it all but 11 miles to the house and the oil pressure dropped to 0 and the warning to shut the engine off comes on. We have a rollback take our vehicle to our house and put a call into the dealer that made the repairs but they were now closed and a message left. This thread has a least given me some information to use when my call gets returned. I do have to say that when I did pull over and put it in neutral, I brought the vehicle to 3000rpms with no engine slapping and the oil pressure gage would raise just enough to get rid of the warning light but would drop as soon as I lowered the rpms.
Steamman is offline   Reply With Quote