View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 02:07 PM   #896
dug224

Re: Dug's 1959 Fleetside

Pandora's box is now closed for the roof!!! Sprung for some higher dollar less viscous plastic filler and did a couple of more really thin passes on the roof and cab corners. Better to work this stuff horizontally since it is so loose. Sure works nicer when it comes to sanding it!!! I successfully did the cab corner final work in the vertical with really light passes. Done is better than perfect. I'll seam seal the gutters, lightly sand all surfaces and paint!!
Name:  IMG_8015.jpg
Views: 750
Size:  37.3 KB

Name:  IMG_8031.jpg
Views: 748
Size:  35.4 KB

Name:  IMG_8032.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  56.2 KB

Finished Schwinn Junior Stingray. Made it to survivor status less rust with all original parts, paint, decals, dings, dents and scratches. Since the bike came sans tires, I had to buy some fresh proprietary Schwinn S-7 front tires for both ends. Seems the guy who had it threw away the factory slick which they don't make anymore.
Name:  IMG_8004.jpg
Views: 736
Size:  87.3 KB

Had heard a lot about Evapo-Rust. Under the guise of supporting the truck project, I decided to gamble on a 3.5 gallon bucket with integral dip basket. $60 shipped to my door. Exploded the Schwinn and dropped all the chrome into the basket and rotated the fenders, wheels and handlebars through the product. Unbelievable results. Supposed to be able to use over and over again until it looses its' power. Also experimented with straight white vinegar on a throwaway wheel and it did pretty good as well but was not as controllable. The vinegar is a fraction of the cost at about $2.50 for big jug.
Name:  IMG_7981.jpg
Views: 782
Size:  98.4 KB
dug224 is offline   Reply With Quote