View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 09:14 AM   #8
jkade

Re: 402 BBC for sale

A little history on the motor. This motor came in my blazer which I have had a year and 5 months. The blazer was built in the early 90's and the motor was rebuilt back then, the motor only has around 3 to 5 k miles on it since it was rebuilt. I drove it 4 hours home and have drove it on several 400 plus mile trips before I tore into it. It never smoked when it had sit for a month without cranking or while driven. The motor always held great oil pressure and always ran cool. I pulled the pan a checked the bearings and they all looked good. The motor was very clean with no buildup anywhere. The cylinder walls looked good also. The heads are 206 heads, closed chamber, oval port, with 97 cc combustion chambers which should put the compression around 9.5:1. The heads have edelbrock sure seat valve springs installed and 1.7 roller rockers. The motor has a edl-7162 cam in it with new lifters, 3/8 pushrods and a edelbrock dual roller timing chain. It has ARP head bolts, patriot clipsetter headers that are 3/4 lenght and ceramic coated, new solenoid, new rear main, new pan gasket, chrome timing cover. The serp brackets are in good shape and have a new alternator with the plug that you can splice into your harness, new water pump, new water pump pulley, new crank pulley, new tensioner and pulley, the p/s pump is a 3 port so you can run hydroboost if you want to or just plug the extra port. The a/c compressor is shot so it will have to be replaced or buy the a/c delete pulley to go in its place. The motor will need some touch up on the paint where I have nocked it off pulling the motor. It also has a new balancer that was a major pain in the ass to get on there, we had to make out on installer to put it on since the parts stores where closed on sunday, it was a long grade 8 bolt and we used a bearing and some washers to get it on there. After we got it on and before we removed the bolt I had lost the balancer bolt, I cut the bolt off that we used to install the balancer and put a washer, loctite, and a nut to hold the balancer on the crank. To me it is the same as having the right bolt becasue it serves the same purpose and you cant see the nut on there with the pulley installed, this is not some half ass work so the balancer will fall off. I will also through in the radiator hoses since the upper was a major pain in the ass to find since a 67-72 truck or blazer never had a serpentine belt setup.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.
Thanks, Kade
jkade is offline   Reply With Quote