View Single Post
Old 01-12-2016, 02:30 AM   #31
Alberta65

Re: 1965 C10 ... Project Name: Just Learnin'

Ok so time for some updates.

Began on the front fenders the other day.. cutting the rot off the bottom (realizing I need the braces on the backside) and finding all sorts of bondo worms and gremlins everywhere I remove paint.

Anyways.. so pictures

After my first fender job I went back to the research train and learned about this lovely little skill called planishing. This one will go much smoother. Tack planish sand repeat.

Once I was done that I decided to look at getting started with the rear cab mounts.. so I crawled under to start coming up with a game plan, the driver side looks decent about a four inch section on the end to be replaced but the rot was stopped thankfully short enough to make it an easy(ish) fix. Then I looked under the passenger side....

.....not going to lie I got so discouraged by that picture I decided I needed a break from the damn body work and back to something mechanical.

HELLO AIRBAGS!!

Anyways the long term game plan is to do a GSI drop member and some proper a arms but in the mean time I picked up a set of cheap bag mounts from airslamit and decided to start figuring out this whole air system thing. This is definitely new for me so we will see how it goes.

Start with the front lowers... (took me long enough just to figure out which ones were front and which ones were back haha)

when sitting on the lower cups they seem way to high..

CUT CUT CUT LOW LOW LOW

Better but more to go.. (forgot to get pic but they now sit nicely and safely in the pockets)

I would like to call this the before picture but its drivers side (forgot to take a pic of passenger but it looks just about as bad)

and with a little wire wheel and a splash of rust paint to hold me over to the sandblast and powder coat.

Tomorrow.. I shall tackle the drivers side, now that I know what i am doing and then attempt to figure out how to run my airlines into there...
Alberta65 is offline   Reply With Quote