View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 10:23 PM   #40
fakerwade

Re: "TANGERINE" (C20 to K10) (LWB to SWB) (CST/MOD) (5.3)

I don't know about you guy's, but I think stripping paint is a pain. We don't have any pro soda blasting business's in the local area so I thought I'd buy my own blaster and do it myself.

I got the dual blaster (soda and sand) from eastwood and well,,,umm,,, let's just say I'm not to impressed. I wish I could recommend this product but I don't think these blasters are really up to the task (pretty light duty/low power). They are difficult to use because they run the hoses from the sand tank and the one from the soda tank together into a "Y" block so that (with the use of valves) you can blast both media's together. But with the hoses together, it's difficult to move them around, especially when it's cold out. So I split the hoses apart and put a blast nozzle at the end of each one. This helped quite a bit but I'm still dis-appointed in the blasting strength of the soda side (sand side works pretty good). I don't know if anyone else has had any better luck with these things, let me know. Thanks again for all the encouragement.
Build thread "TANGERINE" http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=498570

Board Members Met: bigblock68, ol_skool_chevy ,68TT,atvpro

Last edited by fakerwade; 12-19-2011 at 10:36 PM.
fakerwade is offline   Reply With Quote