Thread: My 86 build
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 07:56 PM   #177
TKCR

Re: My 86 build

New radiator in and fuel lines fixed. So I picked her up and drove straight down to the paint shop. It was a 1 1/2 hr drive and Big Red did pretty good. First time I have had it out on the highway since having the vent windows rebuilt. I was pleased, wind noise was WAY down.
The only small issue was the idle at stop lights. The engine was stumbling a bit, so I put it N and just lightly kept my foot on the gas.

Now this part is something. One of the guys that works at the paint shop came out and said, "He knew this truck and painted it!!" My parents were like, "yeah right��". He asked before we popped the hood, if it had stainless steel tubs? He said the truck had hit a deer and when it got fixed, the owner had it painted. Well he was correct!!! When I bought the truck about 5 yrs ago, I did some reasearch on it. It was from the Chillicothe area, it was bought new from there, and it was involved in a deer accident. That was why I wanted the radiator replaced. It had some damage, but since it wasn't leaking when the accident happened, they just didn't replace it.

Last edited by TKCR; 07-17-2018 at 08:10 PM.
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote