View Single Post
Old 02-04-2024, 02:07 PM   #65
NDM

Re: Gen V Engine swap info

My swap has begun and stalled for a little.
72 K5 Blazer
L8T 6.6 from a 21silverado 2500 with 25k miles
6l90e 2wd from the same truck

Planned to go 2wd instead of 4x4 but I am stuck because I kind of like the 4wd for utility purposes. I kind of thought about going 2wd prerunner style but I am stuck with indecision.

I want to run Holley terminator X max but I am also stuck trying to figure out if I want to spend the extra $$$ on direct injection and it's potential issues or convert to Gen IV by deleting the direct injection.

4wd is definitely much to complicated and requires twice the funds for various adapters and such. I definitely feel like going 2wd for simplicity and lower cost.

Currently laid off from my job so everything is at a standstill except my custom 304 Stainless tank that I will be building. I have the the materials and the time so why not!?! I will be going with like 28-30 gallons. Once I run out of argon though, that will have to hault too.

I have been funding my swap by selling off my beloved excess things. Mostly cult classic car audio gear (speakers, subwoofers, etc.) I may sell my custom chopper if too much time passes without an income though.
NDM is offline   Reply With Quote