View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 08:51 PM   #17
shifty
Questionable

Re: Stolen last night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotenntitans View Post
Many businesses that were here in 1988 are gone and many more thieving crackheads are around now. It's not just here.
Curious, which model did you go with? One of my buddies heads up Scout (findmyscout.com) and I've been considering going that route and buying a 3yr sub. Averages out to around $10/mo. The features they wire in with it are freaking incredible, regardless what you're looking to protect.

I remember back when I had my '68 C10, there weren't many products out there. "The Snitch" (GPS Snitch?) I think was the big one but I swear it it was like $20/mo+ to pay for the data connection to let it report back to you. I couldn't afford it!

The units have gotten tiny as can be! Small enough to throw inside the seat tube of a bike, in a rear ashtray, in the glovebox, anywhere. Incredible.

@Gotenntitans I really hope the truck comes back in the same condition you lost it. I've had so many friends get their vehicles stripped down to nothing. Granted, I'm in the city so ... with more human density comes more crimes and more opportunity, but still....

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.