View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 08:47 PM   #8
68blazer

Re: Heated and Cooled Seat question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
My parents have a traverse with heated/cooled seats. I don't spend a lot of time in it but the few times I've have the heating and cooling works great. The switch is on the dash in the center. I believe they have a 2014 or 2015 traverse ltz.

Please let me know how it works out - I'd like to have heated/cooled seats in my k5. But I really want to keep the original seats.
I will look into the traverse but think the switch on the dash will hurt its chances.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
Looks like f150 seats have the button on the seat
https://www.ebay.com/i/372088833354

Might look on eBay (search heated cooled seats) before you go to the junk yard. Should help you decide what you want - hurts to say this but there are several ford seats that look nice.
I understand your pain in saying but appreciate your honesty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdriven View Post
I haven't been in a ton of newer cars with heated or cooled seats but all ones so equipped had the switches not mounted on the seats. Usually near the climate controls or on the center console.

If it were me I'd find a pair of seats you like. Then try using google and searching for the modules and wiring diagrams. To use the 2015 Traverse example above I just googled "2015 traverse heated cooled seat module" and got lots of info, even found a Traverse forum with people who know what they're talking about even down to adding heated/cooled seats to Traverse vehicles that didn't come with them. There are plenty of other forums out there for other makes/models and I'm sure they could help out with getting a wiring diagram and installing everything.
Thats not a bad idea, i appreciate it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrellyates View Post
I will give you my opinion. I have a Dodge Ram with heated and cooled seats. The controls for both are in the center of the dash, above the floor mounted console on the actual dash. They are easy to reach, and light up to tell you the function being used.

I learned something here, I never knew how they worked. But they do work. The warmers are pretty balanced, that is, no hot spots that I can tell of. And the leather on the seats is perforated, and air does move thru and cools you off really well. I've made several 8+ hour trips, and your back never gets "sweaty or sticky"... Before I had them, had you told me about them, I likely would have scoffed at the usefulness, however after using them for about 8 years, I don't know that I will purchase another new vehicle without them.

I would say used seats from the list you have might be the way to go... Good Luck!
Thank you and i do appreciate your opinion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
I have 99 Tahoe heated seats in my 71 but not cool seats. That would be nice but I'm not swapping out no time soon. Nice info though and hope it works out for you make sure you keep us up to date on it.
I will and i have thought about just having heated only. I just know i wouldn't be completely happy.