View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 11:15 PM   #13
snj8198

Re: NV4500 swap is underway

don't they look good when they come back from the machine shop?!

I didn't want to hi-jack JJ's thread so i'll post here. I have all of my receipts and info at home and wont get back there til the weekend. What i can tell ya now is that i purchased my NV kit complete from Wes at Gear Tech HD.

www.geartechhd.com

http://www.geartechhd.com/gallery/di...?album=3&pos=8

The kit came to me complete with:

-New NV4500 with GM 10 spline input shaft, heavy duty main shaft that eliminated the 5th gear retention nut issue, GM 32 spline output shaft, custom Gear Tech HD engraved aluminum pto covers.

-AA aluminum bellhousing, pilot bushing, throw out bearing, and fork. this bell allowed me to use a mechanical clutch.

-empty/bare 205 case with round pattern, 32 spline input gear,

-ORD twin stick assembly complete with brackets, hardware, boots etc

-tranny mount, shifter stick, there was a stiffining bracket for the bellhousing, all grade 8 mounting hardware, and a few other small items i think im forgeting.

At the time of purchase 6 years ago or so i paid $2450 for the complete kit and about $200 shipping to my door. Wes broke the component costs down for me at the time of my purchase, that's why i know how much each component was when i posted in JJ's thread earlier.

Wes's company used to work with Stephen Watson at Off Road Design there in Colorado. Im unsure if they still do, but it's possible Steve maybe able to help you too.

If these prices are still current or even close to it, then i honestly believe this is the best NV4500/205 combo possible for the money. No adapters, no extra parts or weak coupler design, and it's only a couple inches longer than the stock 465/205 combo.

I'll look at my receipts for part numbers when i get home this weekend.

-steve