View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 06:52 PM   #1
NC_John

No Limit R&P Installation Issue - Help!

I just got my rack and pinion from No Limit Engineering. First off, they've been great. I received it the day after I ordered it and when I realized I forgot to ask for the forum discount they credited it back to me.

I'm having some issues with the bearing mount on the frame rail. I moved my engine mounts back to the rear set of holes. I drilled the forward hole to 7/8" and drilled the mount holes as directed. All good, right?

There isn't enough width on the frame rail for the bearing mount to fit correctly. It sticks out of the frame rail. I don't know how much frame will be left after I hog that hole out to where it needs to be (nothing lined up and I had to file the two mount holes as well).

On the bearing mount itself when I install the bolt the way the instructions say, there is no way the nut is going to fit on there- there isnt enough room between the hole and the welded-on bearing mount. If I flip the bolt the other way around so the nut is above the frame rail, it won't fit either.

So what the heck am I doing wrong? I haven't talked to No Limit yet- I found this issue this evening and don't reckon I'll be able to reach anybody there until Monday. I want to keep moving on this install and don't want to waste the entire weekend with this perceived problem.

Instagram (current build pictures) 70_nc_c10
NC_John is offline   Reply With Quote