Thread: S10 Swap how to
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 11:13 PM   #616
gigamanx

Re: S10 Swap how to

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymangs View Post
first of all thanks for all the props. i'm no where near the first guy doing this. i just thought i'd take a little of my time to share my knowledge and experience. i found it frustrating on my first build that no one would give up any real info.

gigamanx, 52ratrod and Mains52 spend some time reading the first few pages of this thread.

and mains52, you can use your stock steering column, classic parts sells a bearing that will convert your closed column to an open one.

for thoseOf you who don't know, I lived with my dad for the last six months. We were involved in a terrible traffic accident on 12 May, my dad passed six days later in the hospital. I am now living with my sister in northern Iowa. I still plan on coming all truck nationals though
Funny you say that, I was just reading the first 10-15 pages again today. Every time I take a major step in the project and reread this thread things become a little more clear. Great example is using the brake pedal mount from the S10. Totally makes sense now haha

Sorry to hear of so much loss in your life. I can't imagine what it takes to fight through the day but I'm glad you're doing alright.

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote