View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 10:41 PM   #301
rkn463

Re: 68 C50 Looongbed pickup build

Next potential problem is that the fan on the 366 is mounted high, offset and it is a really big fan! The radiator in the 89 was a full two inches taller than the 68 and tucks right up against the bottom of the hood. In fact, these rubber pieces seal the hood to the radiator in order to keep all of the air flowing through the radiator rather than around it (notice the extra holes so that the seals can work with any of the various width radiators they offered):

Name:  hoodseal.jpg
Views: 829
Size:  39.6 KB

Even though the hood gets significantly taller right behind the radiator I was still concerned that the fan or fan shroud would hit the hood. In this picture you can see the stock 68 shroud on the right and the one from the 89 on the left. As you can tell the fan on the 68 dipped a bit below the bottom of the rad and the one for the 89 was higher, larger and actually hung past the edge of the rad on the driver side:

Name:  shroud.jpg
Views: 819
Size:  28.2 KB

I was thrilled when I test fit the 89 shroud on the 68 and fount that it bolted in to the same holes in the core support as the 68 and had it in the proper orientation for the fan, just a bit high and narrow:

Name:  front view.jpg
Views: 828
Size:  60.5 KB

Name:  driver.jpg
Views: 819
Size:  46.1 KB

Name:  passenger.jpg
Views: 835
Size:  43.1 KB

Five picture limit hit, continued…